Back to Category List
Physical Therapy Assistant (Full Time)
Department: Physical Therapy
Location: 1326 Eisenhower Drive, Savannah, GA
SouthCoast Health is looking for a Full-time Physical Therapy Assistant
Treats physical therapy patients according to laws governing physical therapy and physical therapy assistant practices in the state of Georgia. Handles all clinical responsibilities as imposed on them by the laws of this state. Delivers appropriate patient care, documentation, and supervision to support staff as warranted. Works under direct supervision of physical therapist to provide physical therapy services to patients.
- Ability to exercise professionalism in dealing with all levels of personnel, patients and patients' families.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to lift extremely heavy loads
- Ability follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Implement cost effective and quality physical therapy assistant care. Performs routine patient treatments, follows treatment plans established by physical therapists, and communicates patient status as necessary.
- Maintains all documentation of patient care in a thorough and timely manner. Supports delivery of patient care with documentation and accurate reporting.
- Maintain all state, local, and national licensure requirements.
- Communicates and assists the Director with aspects of clinical care.
- Report to work on a regular and consistent basis.
Graduate from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program. Georgia State Board of Physical Therapy Assistant licensure required.
The therapist assistant must be able to see a variety of patient needs and implement treatment to confront these needs. Assistant must be highly motivated to meet the needs of this clinic and our patients' needs.
Competitive salary, health, HSA, dental, vision, life, long term disability, 401(K), supplemental insurance policies. Paid vacation, holidays, sick time, jury duty and bereavement leave. EEO, DFW, MFVD