Back to Category List
A/R Pending Insurance (Full Time)
Location: 330 Benfield Drive, Savannah, GA
SOUTHCOAST SEEKS A FULL-TIME EXPERIENCED ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE PENDING INSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE
** ONCE TRAINING IS COMPLETE, REMOTE WORK IS LIKELY.
Responsible for the collection of all outstanding pending insurance patient account balances and to resolve patient account issues in order to collect account balances according to department policies and procedures. Responsible for working with self pay insurance staff to resolve patient account issues in order to collect account balances.
- Ability to exercise professionalism in dealing with all levels of personnel, patients and patients' families.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in person, in writing, or on telephone.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when reviewing patient financial data.
- Knowledge of 3rd party insurance processing.
- Knowledge of insurance terminology, insurance coverage and benefits.
- Knowledge of collection techniques.
- Responds promptly to, and handles all telephone inquiries received from physicians, patients or insurance companies.
- Processes correspondence in accordance with established Accounts Receivable Department policies and procedures.
- Coordinates collection process in accordance with established policies.
- Reviews, researches and resolves all claims denied by insurance companies. Re-files claims as required to receive payment.
- Reports to work on a regular and consistent basis.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years experience in doctor's office or medical insurance company, preferably in accounts receivable or collections or claims area. Computer experience.
Two years of Medical Billing.
Competitive salary, health, HSA, dental, vision, life, long term disability, 401(K), voluntary insurance policies (i.e. critical illness, short term disability, life, identity theft, etc.) Paid vacation, holidays, sick time, jury duty and bereavement leave. EEO, DFW, MFVD