Back to Category List
Operator (As Needed)
Department: Internal Medicine
Location: 1326 Eisenhower Drive, Savannah, GA
SOUTHCOAST HEALTH IS LOOKING FOR A PRN TO WORK IN THE COMMUNICATION DEPT. AT OUR EISENHOWER LOCATION
This position is in general one of the first points of contact that patients and patients family members will have of SouthCoast Health and therefore, is the first chance to make a strong positive impression. Will answer the switchboard as soon as possible and direct the calls to the proper parties within the facility. Exhibits respect, integrity, compassion and excellent customer service to each caller.
- Ability to exercise professionalism in dealing with all levels of personnel, patients and patients' families.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work cooperatively as member of clinic's front line service team.
- Ability to respond to stressful/emergency situations in calm and effective manner.
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures related to switchboard operations.
- Retrieves and delivers messages received by the answering service.
- Answers all calls in a friendly and professional manner and that is culturally and linguistically appropriate..
- Directs incoming calls to the appropriate parties and departments.
- Take messages following guidelines related to timeliness and accuracy and processes appropriately.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations.
- Reports to work on a regular and consistent basis.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of one year experience in customer service setting, preferably six months experience on switchboard operations preferably in health care setting. Computer experience.
EEO, DFW, MFVD