The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is an assembly of the hierarchy of the Catholic Church in the United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The purpose of the Conference is to promote the greater good which the Church offers humankind. The bishops themselves constitute the membership of the Conference and are served by a staff of approximately 315 lay people, priests, deacons, and religious, located at the Conference headquarters in Washington, DC, with branch offices in Miami, FL and Rome.
The Conference is organized as a corporation in the District of Columbia. Its purposes under civil law are: "To unify, coordinate, encourage, promote and carry on Catholic activities in the United States; to organize and conduct religious, charitable and social welfare work at home and abroad; to aid in education; to care for immigrants; and generally to enter into and promote by education, publication and direction the objects of its being."
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, disability or other status protected by Federal, State or local laws, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals needing assistance.
Please note: This application requires cookies to be enabled on your browser or device. If cookies are not enabled, your application may not be able to be sent. When your application is successful, you will receive an on screen ID number and a confirmation email. Please complete the application in one sitting, otherwise it will time out.
Clergy/religious candidates must request written approval form their diocesan bishop or religious superior before an application can be considered. Diocesan lay employees must also request approval from the local bishop. Minorities are encourage to apply.
Select a Department-Office-Secretariat below to view the available career position(s)
Back to Category List
Facility Manager (Full Time)
Supervises and manages facilities maintenance, service requests, front lobby reception, and telecommunication activities, and special events within the Conference. Inspects and maintains the physical appearance of the facility. Contributes to the Bishops’ strategic plan for the Conference. Demonstrates willingness and ability to understand, respect, and contribute to the USCCB mission and fulfill job duties according to its Catholic identity.
Education: Undergraduate degree or combination of college and directly related work experience
Major Field/Specialty: Facility Management, Project Management
Other Specialized Training: (e.g. word processing, personal computer, knowledge of Catholic Church, etc.)
· Knowledge of Catholic Church structures and hierarchy.
· Knowledge of building systems, etc., electric, plumbing, emergency power.
· Knowledge of building operations, etc. cafeteria, security, mailing, printing.
· Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System programs.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe, CAD.
· Planning, organizational, and time management skills
· Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
· Strong customer service orientation.
· CPR/AED Certified (or ability to become certified). Must possess a valid motor vehicle license.
· Facility management. Ability to handle multiple tasks. Planning and implementation of office moves. Experience developing and monitoring budgets and ability to perform accounting procedures. Strong supervisory skills. Familiarity with telecommunications equipment.
Number of Years Required: Minimum 6 -7 years in a related field.