The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is an assembly of the hierarchy of the Catholic Church in the United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The purpose of the Conference is to promote the greater good which the Church offers humankind. The bishops themselves constitute the membership of the Conference and are served by a staff of approximately 315 lay people, priests, deacons, and religious, located at the Conference headquarters in Washington, DC, with branch offices in Miami, FL and Rome.
The Conference is organized as a corporation in the District of Columbia. Its purposes under civil law are: "To unify, coordinate, encourage, promote and carry on Catholic activities in the United States; to organize and conduct religious, charitable and social welfare work at home and abroad; to aid in education; to care for immigrants; and generally to enter into and promote by education, publication and direction the objects of its being."
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, disability or other status protected by Federal, State or local laws, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals needing assistance.
Please note: This application requires cookies to be enabled on your browser or device. If cookies are not enabled, your application may not be able to be sent. When your application is successful, you will receive an on screen ID number and a confirmation email. Please complete the application in one sitting, otherwise it will time out.
Clergy/religious candidates must request written approval form their diocesan bishop or religious superior before an application can be considered. Diocesan lay employees must also request approval from the local bishop. Minorities are encourage to apply.
Select a Department-Office-Secretariat below to view the available career position(s)
Back to Category List
Available Positions > Job Description
Children’s Services Specialist- Family Reunification (Full Time)
This position is primarily responsible for increasing the capacity of MRS to provide family reunification services to unaccompanied, undocumented youth, and ensuring compliance with program policies and procedures. Through education and outreach efforts this position expands MRS’ network of providers and increases the knowledge of its assigned portfolio of agencies through the coordination, development, and implementation of education on program policies and procedures, guidelines, and family reunification best practices. This position is also responsible for monitoring sub-recipient agencies for compliance with policies and procedures. Conducts remote case manager services for HS/PRS cases as needed.
Education Level: Graduate degree plus three years experience
Major Field/Specialty: Social Work, Child Welfare, Case Management, Mental Health, or related field
Other Specialized Training: (i.e. word processing, personal computer, knowledge of Catholic Church, etc.)
· Knowledge and application of child welfare principles, practices and systems to include: child and family assessment skills, child development and family dynamics and child placement
· International child migration, including issues related to children in immigration proceedings, victims of trafficking and refugees
· Professional case management skills, including case note documentation
· Knowledge of grants and cooperative agreements
· Strategic planning skills
· Ability to maintain effective external agency leadership partnerships
· Knowledge of program outreach and capacity development
· Ability to analyze data, Knowledge and understanding of Catholic Church structure and teachings
· Excellent networking skills, Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent public presentation and training delivery skills
· Delivery of technical assistance and training
· Program administration and program monitoring
· Knowledge of structure of Catholic and non-Catholic social services
· Competence with Microsoft office products and CRM database competencies
· Negotiation skills,Coaching and non-supervisory leadership, Technical writing
Foreign Language Requirement (if any): Spanish language ability is strongly required
Number of Years Required: Minimum of 3 years