· Performs initial assessment for new clients and ensures that clients have all necessary documents for employment, such as valid proof of Citizenship/US Residency, Work authorization, Social Security Card, valid NYS photo identification, educational and training documents.
· Uses LMIS, unions and other online tools to research trends in career fields of member interest.
· Develops goals and Career Plans, consistent with the member’s interests, previous work histories, and education.
· Provides follow-up counseling and guidance services to address barriers to employment and make appropriate referrals to partner services and agencies as required to help overcome these barriers and better prepare members for employment opportunities.
· Ensures that members’ case information is entered in a timely manner in Salesforce.
· Participate in biweekly case conferences with other staff to maintain consistency with delivery of quality services and keep updated on program changes and new challenges.
· Provide retention coaching to employed members to ensure that they have the necessary skills and information to work toward career growth.
· Coordinate onsite and field events to increase member awareness and interest in high growth occupations and opportunities.
· Develop relationships with unions and trade associations to obtain relevant industry information and resources for employed members.
· Recommend members to internal and external training opportunities as they relate to career plan goals.
· Communicate members’ career needs and interests to employment team.
· Educate members on the value of financial counseling as it relates to career goals.
· Direct members to meet with financial counselors to work toward financial outcomes.
· Assists in development and maintenance of professional working relationships with partners, support organizations and other service providers.
· Participate in community outreach activities to include Block Parties, knocking on doors and attendance at community events.
· Any other assigned task not listed above