ABOUT GOODWILL: Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. has enjoyed over 94 years of history in the Baltimore area helping others help themselves. Goodwill collects reusable items for resale in our retail stores, trains people for work and living skills and instills dignity and purpose in countless people’s lives. Today, we employ more than 800 individuals; operate more than 25 retail stores throughout Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Cecil County, Harford County, Howard County and the Eastern Shore; 9 career development sites and provide a variety of commercial services at several locations. Most importantly, we annually provide services to more than 30,000 people in need of assistance because of physical, mental or other social barriers and we place over 2,400 people in jobs giving them “not a charity, but a chance”.
We understand that without dedicated and hardworking employees, our mission would be impossible to achieve. We look for passionate and enthusiastic employees to fill full-time and part-time positions throughout our organization. We strive to be an “Employer of Choice” through various programs, including physical and financial wellness and our partnership with Vehicles for Change.
We offer a variety of health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401l investments, company paid life insurance and company paid long term disability. We also offer supplemental plans which are employee paid. We are proud to offer family and domestic partner coverage for some benefit plans. We also provide paid vacation time, paid holidays and paid sick time. Benefits coverage and plans are based on certain eligibility criteria.
Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. prepares people to secure and retain employment and build successful independent lives.
Simply put, it’s good to work at Goodwill!
Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Job offers are contingent on a criminal background check and drug test. Additional pre-employment conditions may be required based on specific positions, requirements and responsibilities and will be indicated in the job listing.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Please consider the job location when reviewing open positions and apply for those jobs which you can travel to. All job locations are included in the listing.
Administration – positions in Accounting, Administrative Support, Human Resources and Marketing
Commercial Services – positions at our custodial contract sites, including SSA Administration in Woodlawn and Fort Meade
Recycling Center/Operations – positions at our recycling center in Linthicum such as truck drivers, forklift operators and material handlers
Retail Stores – positions are various store locations in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Harford County, Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Cecil County and the Eastern Shore (Salisbury and Easton). Positions including store manager, assistant manager, sales associate/process and ADC attendants
Workforce Development – positions in our social services/workforce development division at various locations including case managers, job placement and rehabilitation services
Back to Category List
Manager, Development & Public Policy (Full Time)
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Development and Public Policy will be responsible for all organizational fundraising development goals and initiatives, grants and public policy impacting Goodwill at the state, local and federal levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop business plans, annual goals, and budgets to meet mission and agency strategic objectives.
· Represent Goodwill in public policy matters in a manner keeping with the mission and values.
· Seek grant and contract opportunities and work collaboratively with Goodwill staff to prepare submissions that are programmatically and fiscally sound.
· Provide effective management of program and staff, establishing department policies and procedures.
· Represent Goodwill as needed with funders, government officials, the business community, the advocacy community, and the community at large.
· Undertake organizational development activities, as needed, to assist in accomplishing strategic objectives.
· Provide staff support for related board committees and be the lead staff for the Public Policy Committee
· Prepare reports for development, marketing, public policy, and workforce development programs under supervision on a monthly basis including a summary of annual business plan goal attainment for the board
· Work with VP, Marketing to develop an annual fundraising plan.
· Some administrative and data management maintenance as needed.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
· Achieve goals and objectives within the approved budget and business plan.
· Research and participate in writing and negotiating grants and contracts.
· Meet funding requirements, including completion of all required reporting
· Hire qualified staff and provide effective supervision
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related required.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in fund raising, public policy or non-profit management required.
· Experience raising $500,000 minimally, annually through private funding sources
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
· Responsible for managing grant writing staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Extensive knowledge of the management of multi-partnership initiatives, building community and business relationships and successful representation of programs and initiatives in the public arena
· Strong analytical skills to review, analyze and interpret program statistics and data.
· Effective communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to effectively present information using persuasion skills to achieve desired outcomes
Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and files. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Frequently required to use hands and fingers to hold, handle and feel objects, knobs, keys and/or buttons
Travel is defined as travel to all areas within Goodwill’s territory (Cecil, Harford, Baltimore, Howard, and Anne Arundel Counties, Baltimore City and the entire Eastern Shore of Maryland). In some cases, long-distance travel, including overnights may be required but is typically planned in advance. In some cases, travel may be unplanned.
Up to 75% of working time
Must have access to personal vehicle
General office environment where the employee is infrequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, airborne particles or outside weather conditions. The noise level is usually quite.