ABOUT GOODWILL: Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. has enjoyed over 94 years of history in the Baltimore area helping others help themselves. Goodwill collects reusable items for resale in our retail stores, trains people for work and living skills and instills dignity and purpose in countless people’s lives. Today, we employ more than 800 individuals; operate more than 25 retail stores throughout Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Cecil County, Harford County, Howard County and the Eastern Shore; 9 career development sites and provide a variety of commercial services at several locations. Most importantly, we annually provide services to more than 30,000 people in need of assistance because of physical, mental or other social barriers and we place over 2,400 people in jobs giving them “not a charity, but a chance”.
We understand that without dedicated and hardworking employees, our mission would be impossible to achieve. We look for passionate and enthusiastic employees to fill full-time and part-time positions throughout our organization. We strive to be an “Employer of Choice” through various programs, including physical and financial wellness and our partnership with Vehicles for Change.
We offer a variety of health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401l investments, company paid life insurance and company paid long term disability. We also offer supplemental plans which are employee paid. We are proud to offer family and domestic partner coverage for some benefit plans. We also provide paid vacation time, paid holidays and paid sick time. Benefits coverage and plans are based on certain eligibility criteria.
Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. prepares people to secure and retain employment and build successful independent lives.
Simply put, it’s good to work at Goodwill!
Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Job offers are contingent on a criminal background check and drug test. Additional pre-employment conditions may be required based on specific positions, requirements and responsibilities and will be indicated in the job listing.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Please consider the job location when reviewing open positions and apply for those jobs which you can travel to. All job locations are included in the listing.
Administration – positions in Accounting, Administrative Support, Human Resources and Marketing
Commercial Services – positions at our custodial contract sites, including SSA Administration in Woodlawn and Fort Meade
Recycling Center/Operations – positions at our recycling center in Linthicum such as truck drivers, forklift operators and material handlers
Retail Stores – positions are various store locations in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Harford County, Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Cecil County and the Eastern Shore (Salisbury and Easton). Positions including store manager, assistant manager, sales associate/process and ADC attendants
Workforce Development – positions in our social services/workforce development division at various locations including case managers, job placement and rehabilitation services
Back to Category List
Available Positions > Job Description
Retail Production Manager - Snowden (Full Time)
Retail Production Manager
The Production Manager is responsible for the oversight, leadership, and achievement for the back production area and obtaining set production and sales goals. The Production Manager directs all aspects of daily production, leading the team and driving the business. Key responsibilities include building, leading and retaining motivated high performing teams through effective leadership of Production Sorters and ADC staff. The Production Manager maintains standards of excellent customer service, delivering customer service with respect, dignity and building loyalty to the Goodwill brand. The position is a member of the Retail management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· 2 years prior supervisory experience in a retail or related environment required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
· Directly supervises retail store staff in various roles on shift; Typically supervises between 4 – 12 full and part time employees per shift
· Employees under scope of supervision are in same location
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Drive Results – Devising ways to effectively execute plans by establishing milestones and checkpoints for driving projects and business initiatives to completion, leading to a standard of excellence and meeting all revenue and operating income goals to fulfill Goodwill’s mission.
2. Leadership – Ability to lead effectively in a demanding, fast paced, team environment. Possess the ability to motivate others to achieve. Collaborative team player able to partner with others to achieve business outcomes; concerns with the team’s success as well as individual performance.
3. Communicate Effectively – Communicating ideas and information effectively, whether verbal, written, or electronically, across differing organization functions. Using a style of communication that is appropriate to the situation and people being addressed. This includes strong active listening. Fostering collaboration at every level of the organization.
4. Exceed Customer Expectations – Identifying customer and/or internal partner requirements and expectations as standards to be surpassed; making decisions and taking actions that demonstrate a ‘will to win’ in the marketplace.
5. Demonstrate ability to be self-motivated and take initiative.
6. Solution orientated, decisive by nature.
7. Strong work ethic with good attention to detail.
8. Influencing and negotiation skills.
9. Make Sound and Timely Decisions – Using knowledge and experience to make sound decisions that will impact business goals and strategies; creates an environment where other Leaders and/or Team Members are empowered to make decisions.
10. Apply Business and Financial Reasoning – Commercially sound with a good understanding of profit and loss accounting and the influence of operating factors (e.g. volume vs. price). Understanding how the financial performance of one’s business unit contributes to the success (or failure) of the overall organizational mission.
11. Acquire and Retain Top Talent – Creating the highest quality workforce by ensuring talent acquisition and talent management processes focus on attracting, hiring, developing, promoting, and retaining high performers, thus ensuring Goodwill becomes a ‘best in class’ organization.
12. Value and Respect Diversity – Interacting sensitively with others and within teams; acknowledging the feelings and responding to the concerns of Leaders and/or Team Members; and recognizing the potential contributions of all Leaders and/or Team Members.
13. Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
14. Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
15. Enthusiastic – Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
16. Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
17. Ability to communicate and understand instructions, both verbal and written, in English.
18. Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including night, weekends and occasionally long hours.
Lifting up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. May be required to regularly stand for extended periods of time, walk, reach with hands/arms with full range of motion, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, push or pull. Regularly required to talk and hear. Frequently required to use hands and fingers to hold, handle and feel objects, knobs, keys and/or buttons.
Travel is defined as travel to all areas within Goodwill’s territory (Cecil, Harford, Baltimore, Howard, and Anne Arundel Counties, Baltimore City and the entire Eastern Shore of Maryland). In some cases, long-distance travel, including overnights may be required but is typically planned in advance. In some cases, travel may be unplanned.
Up to 25% of working time
Must have access to personal vehicle
Employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate.